Top Post Ad

Please start from prologue of this story


Week after the vocations, it was time for the tuitions. It was really like someone taking food of a hungry person. I was not interested in learning anything. Despite that, I was trying to invent Omnitrix so that I could transform myself to different aliens and be a superhero and save the world for the schools.

“Zayin, get up…” Abu was calling me but I was not responding anything to him till he pulled off my bedding from my body and said “Get up and get ready for tuitions immediately. Today is your first day and don’t dare to miss it.”



In dreams, a child is always in his own world, not in the world governed by others. I opened my eyes properly, rubbed 

them and got up. I got ready for my tuitions after breakfast. Picked up my bag, seek permission from my parents and rushed to the tuition.

Tuition center was more than three kilometers away from my home. I catch up the vehicle and went to the tuitions.

First day was introduction day about the tuition center. At that day teachers would praise themselves and the tuition center to make students stay with them. At second day; the management realized that some class are very dense and some are such free that they can absorb two classes in same room. At third day, management keeps the class seventh (which I belongs to) and class ninth in the same room because the content of students was very low.  Class sixth was at the ground floor and I was still with the memories of my previous class. I entered to the sixth and looked here and there and examine that my classmates were missing. “Oh!” I said to the class blushingly, “Sorry, I was still in the thoughts of sixth.” Everyone laughed and among them was a mature man’s voice. I took a look inside to recognize the voice; it was our science teacher.

He grabbed my hand as I tend to leave with the axioms of confusion on my face and took me to my class. I well could see that I was late. Class nine was engaged in Urdu class and seventh was engaged in English.

“May I come in sir?” I seek permission from English teacher and he let me in. I slightly moved to the back and sat there. You can say about that place that; that was the union set of class 9th and ours. The only thing I use to do the entire day in my class was to sleep with my eyes open and sometimes to reply the teacher by “Yes sir!” that day, till that incident went very long. I attended both English and Urdu classes right after. Then we had to attend the math, which was a nightmare to me. I know every bit of a moment precisely of that day.

Right on the arrival, the math teacher introduced himself, though I have no guess what his name was, or is. And then he came to the topic. “So kids, what is our today’s chapter?”

“Construction, sir…” All the students scream as teacher had to teach from the Jupiter. I don’t know why the students use to scream without any reason, he is in front of you, you can make him understand gently too, or we have a class representative who can talk on the behalf of entire class. But as he tended to teach, I grasped that he was a kind of person who wasn’t such keen to every student, the only thing he wants was “Yes sir!” from students. I wanted to do something other than Math to overcome my desire of sleep. I was bored too much and wasn’t able to handle that. Looking to my left side, I found a friend of mine who was Math-bored-person like me. On my single look, he understood what I mean. We had a rough notebook and pen in hand, so we start a game namely Word building. It too was though boring, but as compared to Math, it was fun.

Our class had just begun and class ninth concluded their Urdu lecture. As Urdu teacher concluded and left from the class, we had started our third try to the game. As we were playing, two girls of class ninth set themselves aside to relax themselves. One of them pays her attention to us. She observes that the teacher was teaching something to us and we were playing word building. She turned to us and said as she was our two year old friend. “Hay!” she said “what are you doing?” she continued by that very old line, “your parents pay for this you know?”

“So? Do you want me to say them to pay you?” I said to her not looking to her and in a very sarcastic mood.

“Just care about your parent’s money. They work hard for you.” She continues “Attend classes well, so you will get the best ranks and let your parents feel that they have invested their money over right thing.”

I looked to her and replied, “We get our best ranks. If we don’t join class, there will be no failures to encourage toppers.” I said as I was a topper of my class.

My gaming friend stood silent and the girl too. We stop playing and unintentionally pay fake attention to the class. The class didn’t last for long time. After solving some questions, teacher left the class.

Then it was our free time. There was no teacher in the room and the class was on the crunch. Everyone set itself engaged to the group it belongs to, but I belong to none. I never had such a friend from my class who could make me feel the flavor of friendship. I was alone and pretended to be normal and relaxed myself with the cold in my heart. I looked to my left and observe the same girl talking to other one. They were too playing a game, but General-Knowledge-game. I was gazing her quietly. Her way and discipline of taking was not common, not every girl is owner of such discipline. Her behavior towards strangers was like the behavior of best friend to its best friend. Her voice was literally different like someone had played Beethoven’s Moonlight sonata, even something higher.

“…So what is it?” she was asking me something.

“What?” I said, pretending that I hadn’t understood the question.

She laughs a little, narrowing her pearl eyes and said “do you know anything about Bermuda triangle?”

I waited for a second and said “Something that has three sides!” considering that to be a normal triangle.

“Ok…” her and her friend swiped the situation into laughter and continues “What is your name?” with the nonstop laugh that was caring for the discipline.

“A... Zayin” I said in a very nervous way. She approaches her hand to me and said “I am Sahira.” I hesitated to, but I took my hand to her. We shake hands and she said “So, we are friends now?”

“Of… Of course, we are.” I said in a total different tone because no one ever had behaved to me like she did. Anyone whom I would call friend was only because I knew their name and they knew mine. Everyone would desert me, and that is one of the most uncomfortable parts of my story.

“That’s great. I like to make new friends.” And then she looks to her friend and said “Oh. Meet my best friend Ziya.”

“Hello.” I said.

“Hi.” she replied.

Then we three start to play their game ‘General-Knowledge-Quiz.’ At the questions coming to me, I was hardly able to answer any. Mostly my guesses would work.

Read chapter 4 here

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post